Monday 24 October 2011

Ramana relents :-D

For all those who have no idea what/who this first word in the title points to- No, I haven't spelt Ravana wrongly, it is R-A-M-A-N-A, although the feelings PGP participants at IIM-I harbor for him might be somewhat similar ;) FYI- Ramana is the Chair, PGP and that explains our abhorrence for this character..All the atrocities of PGP office unleashed upon us(the participants) are courtesy L.V. Ramana. (Its Diwali time, so Ravana kinda popped into my head when I spoke of Ramana).

Well, this time Ramana is in picture for somewhat positive reasons. After having disappointed the students(or participants to be  precise) with his heavy-handed denial of leaves, Ramana somehow got sensitized to the yearnings of our young hearts ;) Quite to the surprise of every single person, PGP office announced a 5-day break around Diwali, allowing people to go back and enjoy the time with family and friends. Although this might sound to be a very regular and expected move for any organization, it is not at all the case here; given it came from people of such sadist temperaments. Well, whatever the reasons might have been, the excitement and joy it endowed people with was unwitnessed in the past couple of months and the countdown started from the very day of announcement of leaves.

As I write this post, I am on 2nd day of my leave and the feeling is inexplicable. All those tensions that keep buzzing in our heads while in campus seem to have lost their existence. The incessant struggles that I am pitted to every single day have been comfortably left behind. Those flurry of submissions, assignments, pre-reads.. the daily hassles that surround me have all evaporated. Life seems to have taken a pause. I can sit back, enjoy what I find best in the culinary world, do what I enjoy the most, give time for things that score above rationality, logic or materialism. A weight seems to have been lifted off my mind and my heart seems to have taken the control. I can simply do what I want to, what I had been wanting to and what I always love to!

The time also complements the feeling so well, being that of festivities. Buzzing marketplaces, adorned buildings and traditional festive preparations. Being at home for Diwali was perhaps never so cherished. Having longed for it so hard, I can now better appreciate these bigs and smalls of the festival, and the enjoyment is unprecedented.

Not to debate that what awaits ahead of this break is even more atrocious with 5-6 hrs of classes everyday, accompanied by 3 quizzes and 1 presentation(thats what I know so far)-all in one week. This is what PGP office might consider as the compensation for giving us this break, but habituated now I am to such inhuman stunts of theirs. As I said, life has taken a pause and when it shall resume, the force with which it shall come upon us would be grossly intensified. It wont be easy, but it wont be impossible.
Right now, all those worries are off my mind and the sole thing I am focusing on is being at home and 'leveraging' it to the best ;-)
I am cheerful and will be so until I get back to the horrendous planet, Planet-I. Its a good time and lets enjoy it as such.

Best wishes for Diwali, (Ignore if you read it later :P )

-Ankita S.






2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun read. It reminds me of my college days (er, undergrad days...I sound like a daadima now!) when I'd wait and wait for a holiday and when it finally arrived, I'd just kick back and enjoy the feeling of having no deadlines breathing down my neck, for a little while!
    Enjoy your stay Ankita. Have a fabulous Diwali (ignore if you read this later :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read it on time :)
    Thanks for reading and appreciating it.

    ReplyDelete